Thursday 10 October 2013

iPhone Searching... No Service/No Reception Problem



Short answer: Turn of iMessages and try sending a text message to yourself to see if you get your network connection back.

Explanation:
This problem was so frustrating that I just had to make a post about how I managed to fix it. Today evening, all of a sudden someone iMessaged me and told me that they were unable to call me. I looked at my phone and saw that my phone said "No Service". I still had a wifi connection though. Peculiar.

My first reaction was to go to settings and put the phone in Airplane mode and turn on the radios back again. However, that didn't do much. I then went to Cellular settings and turned 3G on and Off. That too didn't do anything, still it said Searching... No service.

I then rebooted my phone, several times, and that too yielded no result. I then tried Resetting my network options and rebooted my phone again to see if I got my network connection back. Nope. I really didn't want to spend the time restoring my phone!

Finally, I remembered that the last message that I got from someone was a text message. So I figured that I should probably turn off my iMessage and try sending a text message to myself and see if that works. Somehow, as though it was magic, the iPhone got full reception and I started receiving text messages that were sent to me hours ago. All seems to be working well now.




Got a question, tip or comment? Send them to beyondteck+question@gmail.com and we'll try to answer it in a blog post!

3 comments:

  1. This is interesting, I am fascinated by Cellular IoT, and it is good to know all the tricks of using your phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s amazing and helpful article for all sort of readers. please share more article. you must read if you are live in Australia I really appreciate to you.
    I also rerecommended to you lean too Mobile Campus Engadine...

    ReplyDelete