I too had the same problem where I could not read my e-mail messages, why? Because of AVG Anti-Virus's E-mail Scanner. That's why all you need to do to be able to view your future e-mail messages that you get is disable certifying AVG's Email Scanner. If you have any other anti virus, then you should refer to the help file that came with it or check on the manufacturer's website on how to stop the anti virus from putting the footer that says it's checked the e-mails. I you are able to fix the problem then please leave a comment on how you did so.
This means that you won't be seeing the Message 'No threat found by AVG at the end of the message'. However AVG will still check for threats.
- Open up AVG Control Center by right clicking the AVG icon in your sys tray and selecting Launch Control Center.
- Double click on E-mail Scanner. (you can also click on E-mail scanner then click on properties)
- Click on button that says 'Configure'.
- Uncheck both the 'Certify Mail' check boxes under 'Email Scanning'.
- Click on 'OK' twice on both the screens
- Restart Microsoft Outlook 2007.
Why this works is probably because of the changes in outlook. When AVG (or perhaps any other Antivirus) tries to certify the e-mail messages, it probably tries to edit the code. Doing that then corrupts the code in the e-mail message (even if it is plain text) therefore causing Outlook to display a blank e-mail. So if you direct AVG to not edit the e-mail, just scan through it you shouldn't have any problems in reading it (hopefully). I'm sure that other Anti-Viruses also have the same problem, so you must direct them not to put in the certification footer and you should be able to download e-mail properly until Microsoft fixes the problem.
Got a question, tip or comment? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to answer it in a blog post!