Friday 17 February 2006

Fixing Windows or Linux With Knoppix



Extreme Tech had published a few articles a few days ago on how to use Knoppix to rescue Windows, and now they've published an article on how to rescue Linux with Knoppix. Honestly, I never thought that anybody was actually going to need to save windows files, because usually people back up things, just incase something happens because you never can trust Windows, come what may. However I was suprised today when I saw a laptop that was running knoppix and my computer teacher (a long time techie) was apparently trying to rescue files (pictures and so on I believe) from the laptop because the hard drive suffered some physical damage ... now lets see how much data can actually be rescued from a damaged hard drive. [to be continued... (as soon as the data is recoved)]




Got a question, tip or comment? Send them to beyondteck+question@gmail.com and we'll try to answer it in a blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment