Sunday 9 July 2006

Why is e-mail required while commenting?



Many are probably wondering why I've made it mandatory to put in your e-mail while using the comment form in post pages. The answer is simple: It helps me help you better! This is because usually many people don't realize that when they are asking for help, they need to be contacted with the solution. However many just say something like
Hey dude... I tried what you said, but it isn't working. Help me!
Sure, I can help you out, but hey, how do I help you? I don't know how to tell you what to do. I could of course write a comment, however the odds of the person coming back to read the comments again are very scarce.

That's why I've come up with this feature, not to make your life harder, but to make it easier... its for your own good. Plus, its not like you really have to type in your real address if you aren't asking for help, just fake it. It's not like I'm going to sit here collecting everybody's e-mail address.

So please, keep in mind that the e-mail feild is only there so that you can type in your e-mail if you are asking for help. This way I can get back to you. And also keep in mind that all e-mail you give out is strictly confidential and will not be used for any thing else except contact you only if you need help and say so in your comment.




Got a question, tip or comment? Send them to beyondteck+question@gmail.com and we'll try to answer it in a blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment