Saturday 1 September 2007

Beyond Teck - Version 3.14159



With a handful of ideas in my OneNote document (testing out OneNote 07 at the moment) and voice recognition (DNS 9 is absolutely amazing!) by my side, I think it’s about time I start writing again - just like I used to before. This time I'm going to make it a point to blog every other day or so about something interesting, and keep the whole world updated about my tech endeavors and write way more often. Why am I motivated and confident more than I was last time, you ask? Because I know a lot more than I did before and I seemed to have acquired the right tools for the job. Also, this summer has taught me that there are a lot of people in this world who really need a lot of help with computers and technology in general. Teaching people about Microsoft Word at my local community center was an eye opening experience and I learned that stuff I thought were really intuitive and easy to use were not so for many people new to computers. I guess there are a lot of people out there who really hate experimenting and breaking stuff =( .

By the way you might have noticed that this page now has Google AdSense advertisements (in case you didn't read this blog before then I just want to let you know that this blog was ad free before) all over it. No, it’s not what you’re thinking - this blog has not been hacked! I put them there myself for a couple of reasons:

1. I want to see what actually happens to my PageRank and if it increases traffic from Google. It is an experiment I wanted to try out, and had plans of doing so for a long while. Now finally because of the guys over at OverheardDaily.com (OD is still under construction apparently - but I can't wait till it launches) I was able to get my hands on some AdSense code.
2. I want to experiment with different revenue generation techniques (ad placement, colours etc.) with AdSense and see if it actually works. Right now the ads AdSense is showing is really random and weird ads, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
3. I hope reason number 2 will motivate me to make more posts in this blog.
4. It's been a while since I've tinkered with blogger templates, and this was a great opportunity for me to force myself to actually look at the new blogger templates.

Okay, enough talking about the new BT. Stay tuned - really super interesting posts coming soon!




Got a question, tip or comment? Send them to beyondteck+question@gmail.com and we'll try to answer it in a blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment