Turns out that the makers did anticipate users to use the number pad (albeit as a secondary function) exclusively without having to press the alt key every time.
Enabling NumLock on a Blackberry
- First press the alt key
- Then press the left shift (the one that says aA) key
- This will enable the numlock and you will see a symbol on the top right corner of the screen displaying 123 indicating this
- You will also be able to use the associated "alt Characters" that appear on the top of each key
- To get rid of the numlock simply press the left shift key again
Enabling Caps Lock on a Blackberry
- To turn on caps lock, press the alt key
- Then press the right shift key (aA on the right side of the keys)
- To remove it, press the right shift key again
Got a question, tip or comment? Send them to email@example.com and we'll try to answer it in a blog post!