Sunday 14 December 2008

How long does it take you to put up a post?



Hand writingOver the past few months I've realized that I haven't really posted a lot on this blog. Now, my reason for not posting too often is that my posts take too much time from my busy schedule. Instead of putting up quick and useless posts, I’d rather take some time, think the post through and only then post. I must admit that coming up with ideas to post about something is really easy, but when I really sit down to post something, I get lost in some kind of a ‘mind maze’ where I come up with other ideas for related posts.. and then start developing on those ideas.. and eventually the original idea bites the dust.

On average I’ve noticed that coming up with the idea of the post takes the longest, or at least it feels like the longest (but I often brainstorm for many ideas at one time like in 2 hours I’ll come up with 90 new ideas to blog about). Once I have a good thing to post about in mind however, writing up the post is only a matter of about 30 - 40 minutes depending on the intricacy of the post. If the post has a lot of explaining to do, and a lot of screenshots it often takes longer. Often when I have to test out my tutorials (yes I always test out all my tutorials on this site to make sure they are accurate) it takes even longer in the region of around 1 – 1.30 hours.

Luckily though, with better tools like Windows Live Writer and Screenshot Captor, I’ve decreased my time to about 1 hour per post. but even that time is hard to find these days. Plus, I have a super long list of things to post already, so I’d rather just post about those thing. But nevertheless, I’m curious – How long does it take you to post a post….

I realize that most of the people reading this blog are here for the tips and tricks that I occasionally publish. But then again it says on my FeedBurner list that I have about 150 subscribers… so I’m curious as to how many people blog.





Got a question, tip or comment? Send them to beyondteck+question@gmail.com and we'll try to answer it in a blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment