Friday 11 January 2008

Make Firefox Start-Up Faster



Is it just me or does it take a while for Firefox to start-up? I'm experiencing this on windows and on mac. Both Internet Explorer and Safari seem to beat Firefox by about 2 whole seconds. I'm not sure about the solution for OS X, but I did figure out how to reduce the start up time Firefox on a Windows based computer. Actually it's pretty easy.

All you do is download Firefox preloader, and it loads up Firefox every time you start-up or restart your computer. So Firefox is always loaded in your memory, ready to spring into action. Although, you need to keep in mind that having Firefox running in the background might deteriorate the performance of your PC as it is still a memory hog. So, I only recommend you use Firefox preloader if your computer is loaded with extra ram.






Got a question, tip or comment? Send them to beyondteck+question@gmail.com and we'll try to answer it in a blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment